Debt Assistance: Who should I speak to?

Depending on your circumstance, there are various points of contact for all areas of financial difficulty. It’s not an easy topic to talk about and often one people hide from their family and friends. Below are contact details of the various agencies that can assist:


Insolvency Practitioner


Financial Counsellor


Legal advice


Financial Abuse & Mental Health

Financial abuse occurs when another person manipulates your decisions and doesn’t allow you to have access to money or property without consent. If you are experiencing abuse because of your financial troubles, there are multiple support networks you can reach out to.

  • 1800 RESPECT / 1800 737 737 (24-hour service)
  • Family relationship advice line / 1800 050 321
  • Lifeline / 131 114 (24-hour service)